LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Less than a week after “X-Men” director Bryan Singer was targeted in a federal lawsuit accusing him of molesting a teenage boy, an attorney today accused three more Hollywood executives of being part of a sex ring that abused the teen.
Jeff Herman, an attorney for victims of sexual abuse, said he filed lawsuits on behalf of Michael Egan III against Garth Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard.
Ancier is a media executive who programmed broadcasting for television networks Fox, The WB -- now The CW -- and NBC Entertainment. He is also a former president of BBC Worldwide America.
Neuman is a past president of Walt Disney Television. Goddard heads a design firm in Los Angeles and has produced off-Broadway shows.
The three men could not be immediately reached for comment.
“What we see is that kids are being sexually (exploited) in the same way adults are in Hollywood. They're very vulnerable,” Herman said.
The attorney filed a separate lawsuit last week against Singer, alleging the director of the forthcoming “X-Men: Days of Future Past” forced
aspiring actor Egan into sex during parties in California and Hawaii when he was a teenager in the late 1990s.
Egan, who is now 31, contends Singer and others involved in the so-called Hollywood sex ring gave boys alcohol and drugs and promised them roles in television shows and movies if they submitted to sexual demands.
“I would say, he won't have another chance to hurt another victim,” Egan said at a news conference today in Beverly Hills, with his mother wiping away tears beside him. “He won't have a chance to hurt another child. And for the people who have been abused by the individuals that have been named, please come forward.”
Herman said the civil lawsuits were filed in U.S. District Court in Hawaii because the legislature there provided a two-year window for old sex
abuse cases to be filed. The provision expires Thursday.
Singer's attorney denied the accusations against his client and said he plans to countersue.
“The claims made against Bryan Singer are completely without merit,” according to attorney Marty Singer, who is no relation to the director. “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit.”
The director is also known for “The Usual Suspects,” “Superman Returns” and several “X-Men” films.
According to the lawsuits, the alleged abuse occurred in 1998 and 1999 when Egan was 17.
Most of the alleged abuse took place at parties at an Encino mansion, Herman alleged in court papers. Other abuse allegedly happened during trips to Hawaii.
Bryan Singer “manipulated his power, wealth and position in the entertainment industry to sexually abuse and exploit the underage plaintiff through the use of drugs, alcohol, threats and inducements which resulted in plaintiff suffering catastrophic psychological and emotional injuries,” the complaint alleged.
Egan is a Nevada resident who grew up in the Midwest and moved to Los Angeles with his family as a teen to further his acting career, the attorney said.
Egan -- who is no longer in show business -- filed the suit without a pseudonym and appeared at news conferences Thursday and this afternoon.
The suit filed last week contends Bryan Singer threatened to make or break Egan's Hollywood aspirations depending on whether he gave in to sexual demands.